Re: Single Point Left Hand Threading

Steve Wells

-----Original Message-----
From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Wells
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 9:45 AM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Single Point Left Hand Threading

Saving subject posts for the FTE webpage...:)

Correct, the SBL automatic feed screw machine threads at 0 degrees, straight in, in both directions, reversing the spindle and leadscrew direction on front and rear tool bit passes.
Another little strange fact, at the minor flat of the acme thread, the SBL print has a 0.010 depth square clearance cut. This is cut by the front "rougher bit" flank minor, which has this square flank extension profile.

Steve