Re: Looking into the Southe Bend LAthe

john kling

It might be noted that the lighter south bends (work shop 9s and 10k) have the same spindle threads as the atlas lathes. Thus someone considering a swap of atlas for light south bend might want to keep chucks, face plates and other tooling.

On Friday, November 20, 2020, 11:06:14 AM EST, <dcox1032@...> wrote:

I recently sold 3 Atlas lathes and all my tooling; then switched to Southbend. I found a late model Heavy 10 that was in great shape for $1,900 with some tooling. It’s the accessories that rack up the cost.  Be patient, look on EBay, Craigslist and Facebook. Facebook has a few southbend groups.

I got mine from HGR in Ohio.

Southbend lathes are great machines, good luck.