Re: Announcing the Shut Down of Yahoo Groups

Jim_B

It's actually the nature of Groups.IO.

It was designed from the ground up to take over from Yahoo. I was told, at the time, that the programer was the same person who originally developed Yahoo Groups before Yahoo acquired them.

He mad a lot of improvements to the format, many of which we dont use.

On Oct 31, 2020, at 11:02 AM, Dave P. <thespamcatcher@...> wrote:

I applaud the work done by the person/persons responsible for the "seamless"
transition from a yahoo group to a io group!

There appears to be a number of people that don't even realize that they are
no longer seeing posts on yahoo, but from groups.io.

Most of the groups I used to read on yahoo have been transitioned to groups.io
along with my membership info as were most of the people in those groups.

If you are unclear of what I am talking about, look at the address of where the
post is - if you are seeing this it is NOT a yahoo post!

Dave

--
👀 “There are notions so foolish that only an intellectual will believe them.”

Jim B.

--
Jim B