Re: 37/47 transposing gear on 9”model A

Jim_B

This is a 127/100 gear on a Model C.

Your gear should go on the Banjo, more or less in place of, or in addition to, the 80 Tooth Idler. However there should be a spacer, behind the gearbox drive gear. This will need to be moved in front. The Twin gear rocker gear should engage the larger of the gears, then the Gearbox gear engages the smaller one. With your smaller gears you may need to add an idler to make things fit.

As noted you will not get an exact 25 TPI. Just changing the rocker gear or the gearbox input gear would have been better.

On Aug 13, 2020, at 12:00 PM, drinkr55 via groups.io <drinkr@...> wrote:

I need to cut some 25 tpi threads on my south bend 9A qc lathe. I purchased a printed 37/47 transposing gear of eBay thinking it might work. I can’t seem to find any information on how and where to install the gear set on my lathe and how to cut the threads I need. Any pictures or advice would be great.

Jim B.

--
Jim B