Re: South Bend Model "N" Owners - Resources

david_g4000

Thanks very much George - I appreciate it.

I also received a message from Jim B., a moderator who offered to post it to the files section. So, I just sent the information off to him.

In case you might have an interest, I am attaching the two documents here as well.

Thanks again,

Dave

On 7/24/2020 3:27 PM, George Meinschein wrote:
David,
You should be able to attach the documents to your email if the file upload gives you trouble.�

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500

Email:�george.meinschein@...
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

���

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020, 3:12 PM david_g4000 via groups.io <dmbanwarth=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
If there are other Model "N" owners on this site, I would like to offer some pictorials I have put together regarding controls and settings. My model N is a 1931 13" with the push/pull apron control that i have had for about 5 years. Typical sources like "How To Run A Lathe" do not specifically address the rather unique controls on this model in much detail, so I had to learn mainly by using it and making notes, and then transferring them into a M/S Word Document. I have developed two documents, one is for turning and the other is for threading. If there is any interest from other Model N owners, please let me know. I am also hoping that others might critique the information and I could improve them. I am also interested in sharing general information about this rather rare/limited model with other owners. If I can figure out how to do it, I will upload my documents to a file on this site. Otherwise, I would be happy to send via email. Thanks for any comments.