Re: South Bend Model "N" Owners - Resources

Jim_B

Posting in the files section is limited to the moderators.
We would welcome your information however.
It is best to use PDF format
Just email it to me and I will convert it to PDF and post it.
Thank you

-8
Jim B,

On Jul 24, 2020, at 3:12 PM, david_g4000 via groups.io <dmbanwarth@...> wrote:

If there are other Model "N" owners on this site, I would like to offer some pictorials I have put together regarding controls and settings. My model N is a 1931 13" with the push/pull apron control that i have had for about 5 years. Typical sources like "How To Run A Lathe" do not specifically address the rather unique controls on this model in much detail, so I had to learn mainly by using it and making notes, and then transferring them into a M/S Word Document. I have developed two documents, one is for turning and the other is for threading. If there is any interest from other Model N owners, please let me know. I am also hoping that others might critique the information and I could improve them. I am also interested in sharing general information about this rather rare/limited model with other owners. If I can figure out how to do it, I will upload my documents to a file on this site. Otherwise, I would be happy to send via email. Thanks for any comments.

--
Jim B