Re: 9A lever collet closer - spindle pin

Bill in OKC too

Mine are for a 10L so are unlikely to fit your 9A, but here's a photo of them. However, the steeltape may help you figure out if your closer is right for the headstock you have. May not help, either, as mine haven't been in the headstock on my lathe since I've had it. There is something in there blocking it from going through, though a light shines through.. I've found mud dauber wasps nests in other parts of the the lathe, as it spend about 5 years in an open and leaky barn before I got it. Not sure what it is yet as I haven't gotten to the headstock yet.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 01:13:38 PM CDT, Larry Shaw <larry@...> wrote:

Further to Bill’s comments on the 4th photo, the 14th photo is a section through the headstock which shows the collet sleeve very close to the spindle.