Re: 9A lever collet closer - spindle pin

Larry Shaw

Reposting but with the pics and correct spelling this time and a couple clarifications.
The collet sleeve (I was calling it “nosepiece” but this is SBL’s term) is shown below both with and without the thread protector ring installed. The collets fit the same with or without the thread protector ring installed. The
collet sleeve is a taper friction fit inside the spindle, no threads or pins in spindle to engage. No markings on the collet sleeve. I can’t get the collet sleeve in further even with a bit of persuasion from a dead blow hammer. Thanks for your comments!