From: "Bob Kellermann via groups.io" <rtjkeller@...>
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] 9A lever collet closer - spindle pin
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:48:25 -0400

I have a 10k closer I have had issues with the balls in the inside
If I take apart and set the balls in the race it works good when I change the collet I have to take it apart again and reset the balls and race. I think the race on mine is worn out this is what lock/pulls collet in place when you activate the lever.
I am also missing the pin on the spindle also but the closer never moves out of index
10 k doesn’t use a nose piece as it is 6k collets with pin in end of spindle
Fwiw
Bob

On Jun 30, 2020, at 3:24 PM, akerjs@... wrote:

Link to picture:

<image002.jpg>

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=XO%2bYSgng&id=CDF2D2B0154435AE2A8831D265EF1DACC442175F&thid=OIP.XO-YSgng7wQqJGkC7b7_PAHaFQ&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.practicalmachinist.com%2fvb%2fattachments%2ff25%2f131172d1424409641-sb-lever-action-collet-closer-hlc-105n-1948-9a-9inch-lever-collet-installation.jpg&exph=541&expw=763&q=hand+lever+collet+closer+southbend+9%22&simid=608049145725193944&ck=9B9767DB7F7BAE5203E2EC173E19806E&selectedIndex=12&ajaxhist=0