Re: 9A lever collet closer - spindle pin

Bill in OKC too

I haven't bought anything from him, but he answers emails promptly. I asked if it was possible to get one of his mill heads with an R8 spindle. He said yes, and quoted a price, which I don't remember, and IIRC about 3 weeks to make it. Most of the stuff he sells is made on demand.  Shortly after I found a HF mini-mill for $350, and got that, but may still get a vertical head for my Atlas MF one of these days.

Bill in oKC

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:40:01 AM CDT, Andrei <calciu1@...> wrote:

There is a guy online who sells Atlas and South Bend parts, some new reproductions. He has a 3c collet getup that is priced competitively with eBay and is brand new in manufacture. He also has an Atlas Mill reproduction vise, at relatively reasonable prices. Here is his landing page, just dig around. http://www.mymachineshop.net/default.asp

For those who have an Atlas mill, this guy makes a vertical milling attachment that is a copy of the original Atlas. I liked it and it looked to be decent quality. I no longer have an Atlas mill, but that head is supposedly adaptable to multiple models of horizontal mills from the 40s to the 60s and maybe more.

I think I bought some small parts from him and he shipped promptly.