Re: 1945 SB 16/24 USVA Lathe

Steven H

There is a pdf file in the Group Files section called “Ryan’s Lathe” and is a very good writeup on refurbishing a 1952 13” South Bend lathe, that may help you.

Steve Haskell

On May 3, 2020, at 9:47 AM, Matt R <mrissmiller@...> wrote:

I need some help in getting the cross slide and compound disassembled. Does anyone know of the procedure to get the dials off. If I recall the compound dial might need a spanner to get it loose. The cross slide I think just needs a large wrench to loosen the shaft the dial is on. And is there a special method on getting the spkit nut off of the hand cranks? Or do I have to make on? My Google-fu is not doing well and I can't seem to find any answers on the internet.