Re: 1949 SB 16/24 USAF Lathe

Steven H

There happens to be a 16/24 SB lathe for sale on eBay right now that has the pedestal foot on the tailstock end. Reviewing the photos of the machine I do not see the Allen screw hole in the front of the pedestal under the bed on the tailstock end. So I am at a loss as to how you are supposed to level the bed. The foot that fastens to the floor appears to have pivot shafts at right angles to each other. Seller is asking $5400 for the machine.

Steve Haskell

On Apr 24, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

I am sure this document is in the files section but I am attaching. I think it will provide some information.

On Apr 24, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Matt R <mrissmiller@...> wrote:

My 16/24 has a foot on the tailstock end. How do I go about leveling and getting the twist out of the bed? Can I just do all levelling at the headstock end? Currently it is sitting on rubber pad (hockey pucks). 1 under each of the 2 bolt bosses on the headstock end and 3 under the foot at the tailstock end.

Jim B.

--
Jim B
<SB-Leveling.pdf>