Re: Introduction/Information

Andrei

I contemplated buying that serial number card information for my lathe, but after seeing one of the cards, I decided that 25 bucks will buy me something more important, like beer or a hot dog. I did not find that information to be of any use other than trivia.

Of course, your mileage may vary and if that kind of information provides you joy, then, by all means, order the card.

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> on behalf of glenn brooks <brooks.glenn@...>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 3:42 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Introduction/Information

John,  one interesting thing you can do is email or call Grizzly tools and purchase the original purchase card for your lathe.  They will send you a PDF of the card, showing date manufactured and delivered, also who it was purchased by.  Cost is $25.

Grizzly operates a separate business name of South Bend Lathes or similar. They responded to my request for a card in February in one day.

Glenn

On Apr 24, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Andrei <calciu1@...> wrote:

You are in luck, John.

We have a plethora of manuals in the files section and many of us have SB 9a lathes.

Check out the files section and if you don't find the stuff there, start asking questions. With everybody locked up in the house because of the virus, you should get answers pretty darn fast.

Welcome aboard