Re: Old Machine restorations

Roger Bickers

Guenther,  why not just lead it? Itll definitely take the temperature fluctuations better if your shop areas only heated part time in the winter.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 10:09 AM, Guenther Paul
<paulguenter@...> wrote:
I have a 16" south bend that i bean working on for a while. I need to step up the process and get her done. I have one question about the finish on the main machine casting. When i stripped the paint some of the putty that was used came of.
Back years ago flour and shellac was used to get the casting smooth. I bean using light weight bondo but i have not stripped all the old stuff of. Will the bondo hold on the old stuff. I would like your input please. I do use the lathe only for bigger items