Re: Weekend tractor restore project

Phillip Rankin

Tony;
That is a great looking Super de Lux. Was it a gas burner or diesel?

I hope to have mine looking that good by next spring. It has been sitting untouched in the garage for ten years. I was shooting for this summer until I hit a snag. When I drained the gear box I got about 4 gallons of water, and maybe a gallon of oil. Surprisingly all the bearings and gears in the transmission section are good, but from the hydraulic pump back will have to be replaced along with the ring and pinion gears. Pinion gear is destroyed. The hydraulic pump will have to be rebuilt as well.

Phillip