Re: South Bend Recommended Lubricants

mike allen

        I got all my oils for my 9A at WW Grainger . I took the original #'s to a local oil distributer & had them cross them to current oils & then had Grainger cross them to the brands they carried

        animal

On 3/26/2020 1:02 AM, Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io wrote:
None of the links go to Enco because it  was absorbed by MSC several years ago. They go to the MSC website search page instead, not the specific oils. I can't swear to it, but I believe the last time I looked there they had 5 gallon buckets & 55 gallon drums, only. Nearly $100 & $1000, each, respectively. Both would be massive overkill for my shop.

Another poster gave part numbers for gallon jugs at McMaster-Carr, IIRC, and that is probably as good as you can get from a major suppler. You can find kits of pint or half-pint bottles on eBay, and don't forget to look for a local supplier of petroleum products in your area. Or check with a local shop, they maybe able to refer you. There are more than 40 such distributors in my area, besides Grainger & Fastenal. There should be someone in your area, wherever you are.

HTH!

Bill in OKC

William R. Meyers, MSgt, USAF(Ret.)

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 02:33:37 AM CDT, Faith Banini via Groups.Io <faithbanini@...> wrote:

I put this thread together to help those out who are restoring machines and are confused about the oils they need. I’ve included a simple to understand break down and also provided the links to Enco for ease of ordering.

https://prezhost.com/2020/03/26/south-bend-recommended-lubricants/#respond