Re: D1-4 chuck setup

Colin Fera

I work in a research facility that has a couple of machine shops in some of the out buildings, though I am not a machinist. There is an odd; short bed but fairly large swing maybe 17x33, probably mid 80's monarch lathe that has something that looks like this but is actually a collet holder. I think its D1-6.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 4:06 PM comstock_friend <jfriend314@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I heard the term 'donut' for the D1 series nose protectors. I found one on ebay (said it was a 'back plate' but obviously not). Looked like this before I removed a bit more metal from its front.

John