Re: New to me 14.5" and need some help

Bill in OKC too

You might want to buy this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Renovating-South-Lathe-Models/dp/1482334585/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=south+bend+heavy+10+lathe+book&qid=1584928328&sr=8-1

I bought it for my Heavy 10L, and it also covers your 14-1/2" lathe. I got the set that has the felts as well, you might want to the version with felts for your lathe if you don't have them already.

the book is invaluable to me for disassembly. Since you didn't get to do that, it will be invaluable for assembly, as well, I expect! Doesn't look like Amazon has the felts you might need, but they're also sold on ebay with the same book.

HTH!

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 08:29:25 PM CDT, Todd <belvedere66@...> wrote:

I just acquired a 14.5 x 60 and will be needing some help with parts.  See it was bought, disassembled, started to be cleaned/painted and then sat in boxes for a few years.  What I know it's missing is the compound dial, screw and nut. The motor and motor pulley (4 groove), some of the taper attachment, the oil well on the back of the apron.. !! and a few other niceties.  I'm sure I will find a few other misc items of need and I understand these are the rare birds of the S.B. world. Is there anywhere I can find a parts manual to assist in reassembly ?  Also, the serial number is 2265FKL12  if anyone can decipher the date.

  Thanks, Todd