Re: 14 1/2" tailstock taper

Harry Ruble

I have a vertex keyless chuck but with a r8 taper, I think I have the 1/8 to 5/8 version. It's a great chuck. I suppose it might not be albrecht worthy but it is fine for my needs. I also have a vertex boring head and really like that as well. Vertex tools are pretty good for import stuff from what I have seen.

Harry

From: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io> on behalf of Jeremy Summers <jeremy@...>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 5:30 AM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] 14 1/2" tailstock taper

So now I'm shopping for an economical drill chuck.   Does anyone have a suggestion for a MT3 chuck up to 1/2"?

Anyone had experience with this Vertex keyless  chuck or can I find a better value elsewhere?  It has pretty good reviews.

I'm just using this for some hobby work and don't need to invest a ton of money, but I don't want junk.