Re: 14 1/2" tailstock taper

Dave Eggebraaten (AF5IA)

I have a 14 1/2 lathe and the tail stock is a MT3.  The spindle is larger (about a MT 4ish).  It wasn't a standard MT.  Mine has a L00 spindle mount. Use an MT3/Jacobs size for whatever drill chuck you like.

On 2/12/2020 12:06 PM, Jeremy Summers wrote:
I have a 14 1/2" x 6 lathe that I had listed here for sale a time back.  I decided to go ahead and finish getting it wired up and put it to use and I need a drill chuck for it.  I could have sworn it came with a Jacob's chuck but I can't find it so perhaps I never received it.  I know the spindle uses a custom taper, but what taper does the tailstock use?  Is it MT2 or does it match the spindle?