Re: 14 1/2" tailstock taper

eddie.draper@btinternet.com

Golden Valley Light Railway's 14.5" x 6' toolroom SB WW2 era has a MT3 tailstock.

Eddie

On Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 19:09:30 GMT, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

MT3.  Should be a match with your spindle.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com
On 2/12/2020 1:06 PM, Jeremy Summers wrote:
I have a 14 1/2" x 6 lathe that I had listed here for sale a time back.  I decided to go ahead and finish getting it wired up and put it to use and I need a drill chuck for it.  I could have sworn it came with a Jacob's chuck but I can't find it so perhaps I never received it.  I know the spindle uses a custom taper, but what taper does the tailstock use?  Is it MT2 or does it match the spindle?