From: bclong7@...
Sent: Saturday, February 8, 2020 3:48 PM
To: SouthBendLathe@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Found on Dallas Craigslist - 27" SBL

The plaques riveted to it mention "South Bend Lathe Company South Bend, Indiana" and "An Employee Owned Company".  The patina and design - to me it just looks like a lathe that would have been made in South Bend.  And the serial number appears to follow the same pattern as other later production SB machines.  However, there is no mention of a machine bigger than 17 inch in Steve Wells' database.

I'm certainly no expert on the subject - this is all just enjoyable speculation.

Bernie

On 2/8/2020 2:19 PM, James Rice wrote:
It's been listed for months now.  Same price which is about the retail price quoted by South Bend/Grizzly.  It's only 15 minutes from me, I should call them and check it out.

James

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:05 PM <bclong7@...> wrote:
Claims it is NOS.  Not involved - just passing this along....

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/tls/d/sadler-new-southbend-27-engine-lathe/7052505638.html