Re: Southbend 9" lathe table in CONCRETE?

Dave P.

This has got to be at least the second time if not the third over the years - more than I would like to admit to, that there has been a long winded discussion about building a concrete bench for a tool like a lathe. I don't know if it was this group or one of the other Southbend groups or maybe another type of lathe group. I suggest anyone that is more interested than I am might want to search some of the old posts here or in the other groups to see if there was any definitive conclusion as to the worth of such a laborious endeavor when there are simpler and just as workable solutions. A 2x4 workbench top on 4x4 legs would be my choice if I were in the need of something more sturdy than a heavy solid core door on good solid legs.

Just my $0.02 worth -
Dave