Re: Southbend 9" lathe table in CONCRETE?

david pennington

Marvelous, Bill!

One of my interests that I've not pursued in any way but thought is the matter of raising the level of available manufacturing technology in countries that lack modern machines.

David W. Pennington
Denver, Colorado
815-382-1994

On Saturday, December 28, 2019, 10:18:54 AM MST, Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io <wmrmeyers@...> wrote:

WWI, also. Copy of an article from 1916 about Lucien Yeoman's' new method of making lathes (relatively) quickly and reducing the requirements for large iron castings is in the new Multimachine group at Groups.io. Copy of his patent is in the same folder. Some cool stuff if you're interested. ;)

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Saturday, December 28, 2019, 09:40:29 AM CST, George Wietor via Groups.Io <wietorg@...> wrote:

During WWII quite large lathes were built entirely of concrete in the U.S. to
save on iron. Not portable, but effective. George in GR