Re: Southbend 9" lathe table in CONCRETE?

harry molwitz

Might be tough to move around the shop, I would be certain of the positioning. It also seems to limit storage underneath.

Harry

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 6:11 PM Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io <wmrmeyers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be interesting to test and see what difference, if any, it made in the accuracy of the lathe.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Friday, December 27, 2019, 04:17:08 PM CST, Steven H via Groups.Io <stevesmachining=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Here is a photo of what appears to be a concrete lathe bench with an Atlas-Craftsman lathe on top. Not my lathe, just a photo I found on-line some time back. Personally I think it's overkill. But concrete is relatively inexpensive so knock yourself out should you choose to go this route. Good luck.

Regards,
Steven R. Haskell