Re: Southbend 9" lathe table in CONCRETE?

Bill in OKC too

I've spent most of my life moing from one place to another. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with something that wasn't real easy to move. That bench, scaled for my SB heavy 10L, would just about have to be cast in place. Once the several hundred pounds of lathe was placed on it, I don't think it would be movable with the stuff I've got. Might do wonders for my Atlas TH42, though.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Friday, December 27, 2019, 06:43:12 PM CST, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        it would definitely help with some of the rigidity issues with these smaller lathes . & it would keep yer beer a bit colder

        animal

On 12/27/2019 3:10 PM, Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io wrote:
It would be interesting to test and see what difference, if any, it made in the accuracy of the lathe.

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Friday, December 27, 2019, 04:17:08 PM CST, Steven H via Groups.Io <stevesmachining@...> wrote:

Here is a photo of what appears to be a concrete lathe bench with an Atlas-Craftsman lathe on top. Not my lathe, just a photo I found on-line some time back. Personally I think it's overkill. But concrete is relatively inexpensive so knock yourself out should you choose to go this route. Good luck.

Regards,
Steven R. Haskell