Re: L00 Heavy 10 Toolroom for Sale

david pennington

Thank you, Mike...er, animal. To do otherwise is unconscionable.

I have a theory, using the term in its basic meaning as a logical construct that accounts for a set of known data. That theory is that when those in power are known to be dishonest and to skirt or to even defy the law, not to mention common ethical norms, then the common folk lose their incentive to be honest and ethical in their daily lives.

This theory sort of formed itself out of about a decade of observations of the city of Chicago and the state government in Springfield. My brother once remarked to me that after several years residence in the city, he had concluded that the only member of the city board of aldermen who might be honest was his own alderman, but then that man had been indicted on federal charges--the only kind that ever happen in Illinois--for corruption that very day.

There are many honest and ethical people in Illinois and even in Chicago, but the incidence of meeting people who are less inclined to be on the up-and-up seems to me to be higher in that geographic area than has been my experience in other parts of the country.

My 2 cents.

Dave

David W. Pennington
Denver, Colorado
815-382-1994

On Friday, December 6, 2019, 10:46:08 AM MST, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

        that is honorable , I  was raised & trained that same way

        animal

On 12/6/2019 7:04 AM, david pennington via Groups.Io wrote:
Exactly!

I was somewhat new to this part of my career and was shocked at the attitude, the open discussion, and the agreement. It prompted me to start a personal list of folks I would not work together with in the future. We were employed by the same agency.

David W. Pennington
Denver, Colorado
815-382-1994

On Friday, December 6, 2019, 7:42:19 AM MST, Payson <egreene104@...> wrote:

you mean the "don't kill the job," not the "do a great job, under budget, and hope for a pat on the back, and more work!"

Payson.