Re: L00 Heavy 10 Toolroom for Sale

david pennington

Love Heinlein!

When it comes to this lathe, I'm reminded of Goethe: "A man's reach should exceed his grasp."

Dave

David W. Pennington
Denver, Colorado
815-382-1994

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 12:59:46 PM MST, Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io <wmrmeyers@...> wrote:

Wish I could be in the market, but I couldn't afford a $150 Atlas/Craftsman 12" lathe in Colorado on one of my other groups today.

Wish you good luck finding it a good home!

LAZARUS LONG (Robert A. Heinlein)

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 1:53:57 PM CST, John Fischer <n2nu@...> wrote:

All

Speaking of L00

I have a 1972 Heavy 10 3 ½ foot bed toolroom lathe that I would like to find a new loving owner for.  I got it from my employer when they went out of business and it has been sitting – I feel guilty when I walk by that it is not in use.

Catalog is CLK8187, it has flame hardened ways, L00 spindle, taper attachment(standard on toolroom) and 3 phase motor.  I have not fired it up in a little while, but it was all working when I got it from my company – I used it for light machine work and it originally came out of a college shop.  Condition is very nice with original finish.  I have some goodies to go with it, Aloris AXA toolpost and some holders, I can probably come up with a chuck or two.  I have some 5C collets and a closer for a threaded spindle machine, so it needs a longer piece machined to work with the L00.  I meant to do this right at the time the company shut down abruptly.  Probably a few other things as well, I need to take some pictures and take stock of everything.

I am located in central NJ.  If you contact me off list, I would be happy to send pictures and talk to you more about it.  I have not listed this machine anywhere, I am coming to this group first

Regards

John