Re: Heavy Ten Reversing Tumbler

Roger Bickers

If IRC, on my 1941 187, that long oil tube on the reversing lever is threaded.  If you have the threaded portion stuck inside the hole, why not gently collaspe it with a punch and then take an unobsquered view? It sure won't hurt anything. Just my thing and a sure way not to damage any threads that may be in there by trying to reverse it out. Good luck! Roger

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 10:42 AM, George Meinschein
<bustedguns@...> wrote:
I just looked a little closer and I see that the outboard end of the tube is counterbored. Tube OAL is 2-1/8". I think the non-threaded end was counterbored to accept a plain old press-in GITS oiler.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500

Email: george.meinschein@...
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 9:51 AM George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:
Since the cap is missing from the one on the reverse tumbler on my 14.5", I figured now would be a good time to check that out. I think the 10L is the same. Mine is a heavy wall 5/16" OD tube with 1/16"-27 NPT on the end and it has two wrench flats.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500

Email: george.meinschein@...
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 1:57 AM Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io <wmrmeyers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks to me like they're pressed or maybe soldered in. Mine is mashed so I'm not really sure. So I went and looked, and took a photo. There are actually two of them on my apron. One on the left side is pressed it. I was able to pull it out, and put it back in. One on the right is the one that's mashed, and it's also pressed in, and perhaps soldered to a tube that reaches to the other side of the apron. Looks like it should drip on the shaft or gears there. Mine is a Model 8187-RN, with a 100 in the box for the apron. Don't know if that info will help, and it's old enough it may not even be the original apron.

HTH!