Re: Heavy Ten conversion to L00

wlw19958

Hi There,

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 08:22 AM, Guenther Paul wrote:
I never had a chuck come loose if they are seated properly. You are just wasting your energy. Its your lathe and if you like to install a more sure to you
Chuck fastening system go for it. You will also loose some bed working lenght.

That all depends on the breath of experience one has in their lifetime.
I had one come loose when I was a first year apprentice.  I caught it
before it could come off and cause damage but the experience stayed
with me and the thought is always lurking in the recesses of my mind.

As to the lost of bed length, it is only a couple inches at most.  If it becomes
critical, I can move to either my 11" Logan or 12" Clausing (both of which
are L00 and have 5 ft. beds).  I hope to have my 14" Clausing up and running
next year.

I still have three other SBL's that I need to do something with.  Two are
10R's and one 9" cabinet model.  I plan to leave them with their original
threaded spindles.

So GP, just remember that: There are more things in heaven and Earth,
Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb