Re: Heavy Ten conversion to L00

Jim V

just researched the L00 chuck.  I found this video which just might have a useful tip or 2

On Sunday, November 24, 2019, 08:56:48 AM CST, wlw19958 <wlw-19958@...> wrote:

Hi There,

I am going to convert/update a Heavy Ten (10R) to an L00 spindle.
I have the spindle and most of the parts I need but I need some
dimensions and some photos of the location of the wedge pivot
would be most helpful.

A couple of the questions I have are:
(1) Where is the location of the wedge pivot screw?
(2) What is the thickness of the spacer that goes under the wedge?
(3) Is the headstock casting spot faced under the spacer?

Thanks in Advance for any help anyone can provide.

Good Luck!
-Blue Chips-
Webb