Re: For Sale and Wanted items

ecgausch

Google will obviously give you more details, but you'll be happy to know that
laws and regulations currently in place require financial institutions like banks,
etc. to report transactions in excess of $10k.

If you go to a bank and take out $10k cash to say buy a car in a private sale,
the bank will fill out a suspcious activity report (SAR) and send it to the feds.
Same if you were to deposit that much cash. FWIW, I think it's acutally less than
that, because that's what my bank did when I took out $5k to buy a car.

Like it or not, Big Brother is watching.

Eric

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 9:32:23 AM EST, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

EG
Can you explain more detailed

GP

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 8:44:18 AM EST, ecgausch via Groups.Io <ecgausch@...> wrote:

It's $10000.00 and an anti-money laundering thing.
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 8:36:32 AM EST, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

I am not aware of a $ 10.00 limit i use the friends and family all the time and send any amount i want. I have received money from California the sender used Zelle it was the first time i was paid like that it worked great there are no fees with Zelle. Don't know about how Zelle protects a purchase

GP

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 8:08:59 AM EST, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

Group,
I forgot to write this a few days ago!  PayPal has an option to classify a recipient of a payment as "Friends and Family", which eliminates the transaction fee. There is a limit of $10,000 per transaction though, but that shouldn't be a problem for almost everything related to some kind of machinery, parts, or tooling.

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500

Email: george.meinschein@...
Direct Dial: 732-409-0778
Cell: 732-580-1736
Fax: 732-358-0369
www.meinscheinengineering.com

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019, 10:07 PM Bill in OKC too via Groups.Io <wmrmeyers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree with Animal on the zip or postal code for both seller and buyer. Some things I wouldn't want to pay for shipping from the UK, for example, like an 8' lathe bed...

Though I'd sure like to have one! ;)

Bill in OKC
On Friday, November 8, 2019, 8:35:55 PM CST, mike allen <animal@...> wrote:

    thats a great idea , ya may think bout havin the seller , or WTB person put his Zip code or postal code in the title , would be nice to know at the start where the part or need is

    YMMV

        animal

On 11/8/2019 11:43 AM, George Meinschein wrote:
Group,
What do you all think about having a spot to post For Sale or Wanted ads for group members?  I think I can set that up within the group if there's any interest.