How do you dismantle the tailstock support on a 10k?

Rogan Creswick

I need to disassemble the tailstock support for my 10k to clean & repaint, and I'm not certain how to safely take it apart.

It can be adjusted to level the bed by tilting the top mount plate which hinges on a turned shaft that I *think* is pressed in.  I'm assuming it is a slightly tapered shaft, but I'm having a hard time verifying that because both the ends of the shaft and the edges of the holes it goes in are chamfered.

Does anyone know how these go together? (and come apart?)

Thanks!
Rogan