Re: 1964 10K headstock cover question

Phillip Rankin

The photos here can at least help you identify what you what you are looking for. The top cover comes up on ebay from time to time, but I haven't noticed one lately. http://www.lathes.co.uk/southbend/page8.html

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 7:22 AM Steven H via Groups.Io <stevesmachining=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
You might be able to find parts diagram(s) or photos that will help at the www.wswells.com site. Other sites to check are www.vintagemachinery.org
Good luck.

Steve Haskell

On Nov 5, 2019, at 12:49 PM, Nitro <nitroburners@...> wrote:

Hi guys and gals

Winter is approaching and I hope to have the time to reassemble my 10K.
This machine didn't come with the belt/gear guard in place when I acquired it.
The headstock casting is not the same as a 9" and is not the same as the underdrive units I have seen online.

<20191105_120756.jpg>

<20191105_120721.jpg>

 This lathe was bench mounted when I found it, but had no guard in place at the time.
The machine was disassembled for refinishing as it had been in a fire, but didn't get hot enough to destroy it.
I probably have 200 hours or more invested in it for the teardown, disassembly and refinishing.

I used my glass bead cabinet for a lot of the cleaning, plus have my Logan 922 11 inch for some of the round polishing work.

I'm retired now with over 50 years on the shop floor, so hopefully my work does speak for itself.

Can anyone help me identify it so I can track one down?
My rebuild manual was of no help, so even a picture or so of an existing one would be helpful.