iGaging for 9" South Bend

comstock_friend

At the Little Machine Shop open house last week I got a good deal on an iGaging DRO for Bridgeport type mill quills. This got me thinking about one for my lathes. My 9" CL644A has a flat milled on the base of the cross slide put there by a previous owner. I'm thinking of using that for mounting the scale of the DRO and mounting the reading head on the saddle. On the BP the reading head and display are combined, but iGaging also has remote displays which is what I would use. The scale would be on the headstock side as I don't ever need to bump the saddle up to the headstock, where as I frequently need to get the tail stock up to the saddle or need to use the follow rest.

Anybody done this yet or are there other thoughts on the plan???

John