Re: Has any one added a mill attachment to their heavy 10?

Jim_B

I like to use the QCTP as a mount for almost any shop made attachment for my lathe.

Here is my TP mounted “cross Drilling” fixture.
It used a chuck I had kicking around for over 30 years.
Once set on center you can take it off or put it back without any additional work.
I have modified it from the pictures by adding another bearing to extend the support.
It can also be set parallel to the ways and used to drill a cirular BCD pattern.

The Hex piece could be round. I had a chunk of hex.
There is a slot milled in the hex. The “L” shaped holder fits the slit and is silver brazed into it. This keeps the L piece and hex “True” to each other.

The sleeve is a sintered bronze bushing. The rod is OD ground.
Picture shows it on a Heavy 10 but I have used it on my 9” workshop also.

Prime power is a Dewalt Portable drill.

I believe I have posted this before on the old site. Excuse repetition.

Sent from my MacBook
Jim B.

On Sep 27, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Dave P. <thespamcatcher@...> wrote:

Thanks for the responses.
Next thing to add to the small project  list is a way to drill proper holes in the sides of parts mounted in the lathe since I don't seem to be very good at going from the lathe to the drill press and getting holes drilled correctly. I am talking about holes on the circumference of parts done on the lathe, not in line with the Z axis.
Thanks again
Dave

--
Jim B