Re: Has any one added a mill attachment to their heavy 10?

Stephen Bartlett

When I bought my 9C it was set up with a T slot cross slide. It used a hand lever for the cross motion (which did not fit properly). A regular cross slide was included, but there was no cross feed screw or compound rest. I bought a new compound rest and cross feed screw from a local SB outlet.

Then I bought a Palmgren milling attachment. I tried mounting it on the compound rest with a lantern tool post and it was very springy. I then mounted it to the T slot cross slide using T nuts, heavy bolts, and a heavy steel bar across the milling attachment's feet. That made it quite solid but I was doing only light milling.

The only downside was the nuisance of changing cross slides.

Steve Bartlett