Re: Reverse operation with 10k screw spindle

m. allan noah

I run threaded chucks in reverse quite often. Never had one come off.
But, I do avoid interrupted cuts.

allan

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 12:25 PM <dfuller440@...> wrote:

Hi,
Got a question about my 10k SB lathe with the 1-1/2" x 8 spindle.
Is there any way to -safely- run the lathe in reverse with the chuck to do a specific cutting operation?
On my old Jet 9x20, the chuck had a safety screw to keep the chuck from flying off in reverse. I don't think that my 10k lends itself to a safety screw without messing up the register.
Any suggestions or do I need to forget about reverse operation? (BTW, motor will reverse.)
Dan
of my hand"