Re: Hand lever turret tailstock

Nelson Collar

George
I do not see any reason a center could be placed in the turret for normal cutting between centers.
My opinion though.
Nelson

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 06:32:02 PM CDT, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

Ladies & Gentlemen!
There's a 10K hand lever turret tailstock available that I can probably pick up in my travels. This is NOT the bed turret!  It looks like a pretty regular tailstock except for the hand lever and the six hole turret head mounted on the end of the spindle.  Anyone think this is more useful than a regular old tailstock?  Is it basically for production applications?  Will it accept a center or would it need to be removed and replaced with a regular old tailstock to use a center?  I'm not sure if I should be excited because I found a rare jewel that's worth its weight in gold or disappointed because it's just a rare piece of junk.  Thoughts and comments please!

Thanks,
George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive