Re: Precision level needed or not?

Guenther Paul

George
Use the level you have make a cut and see what you have. A precision level is nice but don't buy one

GP

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 4:44:51 PM EDT, George Meinschein <bustedguns@...> wrote:

Group,

What's the consensus on whether or not a precision level is really needed to setup a lathe?  Can I use a regular old carpenter's level (or a digital level) and then check the lathe installation by cutting and measuring a cylinder?  I'm thinking even if I had a precision level, I'd still want to turn & measure a cylinder to check the installation and correct for any bed twist anyway.  Thoughts & comments please!

George H. Meinschein, P.E.

Meinschein Engineering Consultants, LLC
150 Brittany Drive
Freehold, NJ 07728-1500