Re: Sb9

Roger Bickers

Complications converting a C to a B.. dont be surprised if the back of the apron rub on the lower face of the bed, then theres the issue of needing a gear on the crossfeed screw.
Adding a QCGB... the 3rd hole thru the way. Dont drill from up top, turn the bed over and come thru from the bottom. Then turn over and enlarge the opening with a counter bore for a cap screw. You may also have to shim and had fit adjustment. A different leadscrew will be needed. Also will need the gears for the gear drivetrain on the left end of the lathe.
It can be done, and has been. Roger

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:08 PM, William Brown
<bigwilliebrown@...> wrote:

That's what I was thinking too. Can you change it over to power cross feed. I know you can add a qcgb if you can find the qcgb and leadscrew but I don't know what power cross feed would have to have.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2019, 10:31 PM mike allen <animal@... wrote:

        I believe ya have a C , no QCGB & no power crossfeed

        animal