Re: SB9

Roger Bickers

The tag that people need to see will have "swing", "length of bed", and "catalog no." on it.  Also include a pic of the apron face.
If your carriage rocks, on the back of the carriage  and underneath it,  there should be a bar with 3 bolts ... tighten the bolts and see if that helps. Also look for a ridge on the front "v" way.... if its enough to catch your finger nail on, thats part of the problem.
Is your bed width 6 or 7" wide?   Roger

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM, William Brown
<bigwilliebrown@...> wrote:
My bed is 48 inches long. Right now the lathe and the metal table it's mounted on are beside my shop waiting for a permanent bench to be built for it. I'm keeping it covered but it was pretty Rusty and crusty when I went to get it. It has some play in between the carriage and bed that I'm not sure where to adjust out.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 2:04 AM Roger Bickers via Groups.Io <mr.concrete1964=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Please post a picture of the brass tag on the end of the door, and the face of the apron where the hand wheel and hand lever are. So we can see what size lathe youve got. Thanks. Roger.