Re: SB9

Roger Bickers

Please post a picture of the brass tag on the end of the door, and the face of the apron where the hand wheel and hand lever are. So we can see what size lathe youve got. Thanks. Roger.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 11:44 PM, Jim_B
<jim@...> wrote:
No not 34.
Should be 38
Big fingers small keys

-8
Jim B,

On Jan 2, 2019, at 11:24 PM, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

In the files section is an interactive spread sheet.
It’s based on many members lathes cards from SB-Grizzly
79614 was shipped late (09)in1934.

-8
Jim B,

On Jan 2, 2019, at 11:12 PM, William Brown <bigwilliebrown@...> wrote:

A few months ago I started trying to get the old lathe my dad had bought from the estate of a gunsmith set up and running. The first problem was a broken post on the compound swivel, I repaired it temporarily and bought a new one. I'm at the point where I think I'm going to have to tear into it and readjust, retune, and repair almost the whole machine. Does anyone have any experience with the rebuild kits and manual sold on Amazon ? The number on the bed is 79614 my dad said he thought the lathe was between a 1936 up to maybe 1940. Does anyone here know how I can find out any history on it besides paying 25 bucks for a serial number card, I'm not sure if I will actually need any info of the card. I can see it has a lantern tool holder and doesn't have a quick change gearbox on it. I have very little tooling. My dad bought this lathe in early 2017 then found out he had cancer and he passed away in January of 2018 so he wasn't able to do a lot with it. I'm 51 and I can do basic mechanical stuff like rebuilding an engine or transmission on a car or motorcycle, I just want to be able to machine parts and pieces to the things I build which at this point in life it's mostly motorcycles, my old Chevy Nova, go-karts for the grandkids, and I'm finishing up the last two trikes my dad and I were building. I know this is a bit rambling and disjointed but it's kind of late here and I'm tired !

--
Jim B

--
Jim B