Re: 10l gear problem #10l

Roger Bickers

John  that gtear can be found for sale on ebay new. Last i knew the guy had one left. If i recall correctly it was just under $100.00
You can also try Latheman here. Ted may have one also. That gears used on both 9 and 10" lathes. Be sure to count the teeth, and know the overall diameter as well as the bore.  But if memory serves me correctly, that gears supposed to be a press fit with dutchmen and with the oiling hole at t.d.c. on the banjo.  Better take the banjo off and inspect it from behind as well for any issues. Roger

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Guenther Paul
<paulguenter@...> wrote:
John is your lathe a 9"
GP

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 6:45 PM, Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...> wrote:

John give me the measurements of the gear you need amount of teeth, with bore and if it has a keyway need that. I have some spare gears
GP

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 5:40 PM, "jahick4@..." <jahick4@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I planned on taking on my first threading operation today by making a 3/4” 8-tpi acme tap, but unfortunately, I encountered a pretty significant issue and am wondering if you guys might be able to help me out. Basically, it appears that the gear that engages when you push the sliding gear in (to select the lower speed range) was replaced by a gear that doesn’t quite fit at one point and was welded on to the small gear that goes in front of it. It’s not off by a huge amount, but it’s just slightly too big to mesh with the spur gear when you push in. The higher speed range works just fine.

The gear in question is part pt652r2. I’ve only gotten one hit on the part number, and it’s from a guy trying (successfully) to find one. Does anybody have any ideas? Any advice would be appreciated.

respectfully,

John Hicks
Weymouth, MA

Here are a couple of images: