Spindle register issue

carbure2003

About. a year ago, I bought a 10K spindle on ebay.

As I have not used much the lathe where I fitted the spindle, ( only with collets) I never noticed that the register was under sized. (1.495 in dia), quite likely machined by a previous owner.

I trialed a chuck with freshly re ground jaws on it and it was defenitely off centered by many thou.

Register defenitely has importance when yo want to swap chucks from lathe to lathe and keep chuck accuracy.
Did somebody ever attempt to rebuild a spindle register ? (Register is 1.510 in dia on my other SB)

If yes, how did you proceed? (Welding is not an option)

Thanks

Guy Cadrin
70s Millionaire Returns with Surprising Prediction
unrestrictedinvesting.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/5b2c3c71941fa3c711a12st03vuc