Re: StateCollage Crosslide

Ray De Jong

I did mine on a, you might say Rong Foo 45. The dovetails were quite straight forward but did take time. The top and T-slots were done in one setup after very intensive 'square checking' and only after the dovetails were complete. Its a bit of a challenge but what a lovely edition to the '9'. I no longer have the SB9 nor the Chinese Mill. but am working toward a new shop and hope to do another S-4382 for the 10K I am presently refurbishing

On Sunday, May 27, 2018, 7:10:54 PM PDT, Jim_B <jim@...> wrote:

I always wanted one. I had a Burke #4 mill. It had a table travel of 9”.
You need 12 or more.
You need to mill the V groves for the ways and mill the top surface and size the bore for the top slide.
Not trivial.
Need something like a Bridgeport.

-8
Jim B,