From: comstock_friend <jfriend314@...>
To: SouthBendLathe <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 26, 2018 5:51 pm
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Drive belt queston

Nelson,

Your headstock casting must be deeper than mine. The belt (segmented, not continuous) has to be pulled up tight to slip under the last flange. Definitely more than two seconds. My 13" flat belt is quick, the 9" not so much.

Note that in HTRAL the 16 speed 9"ers are really 14 speed. South Bend does not recommend the two highest back gear speeds. Chart attached.

John