From: Guenther Paul <paulguenter@...>
To: SouthBendLathe <SouthBendLathe@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 26, 2018 5:46 am
Subject: Re: [SouthBendLathe] Drive belt queston

There is a seller of flat belts on e-bay he is located in Niles, ILL
GP

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 1:08 AM, glenn brooks <brooks.glenn@...> wrote:

I’ve had very good success using a five ribbed automotive power transmission flat belt driving my SB 9step pulley arrangement. Sometimes called a V belt I guess, although the ribbed bias runs along the length of the belts. To heavy a cut stalls the motor, before slipping.

Glenn

On May 25, 2018, at 7:09 PM, comstock_friend <jfriend314@...> wrote:

Then there's the mythical V belts. Not all peaches and cream however. Changing between the the front largest two largest grooves interferes with the headstock casting.

John
<100_9084.JPG>