Re: metric threads:

Phillip Rankin

All;

I created these charts for my personal use when cutting metric threads. In order to us them you would have to purchase a set of gears for a Model B or C South Bend 9 or 10K workshop lathe, or as I did, buy just the individual gears needed to cut the threads as they became available on Ebay. No transposing gear set is needed to cut these close approximations. For the few metric threads that I have cut the gear combinations have worked fine.

I have been reluctant to post this because I haven’t had an opportunity to verify all the gear combinations, but

if any of the admins feel these charts are worthy of being posted in the files section, please feel free to do so.

Phillip Rankin