Re: Clausing 5914 Bent Spindle Question (w/ Video)

Ryan K

Just wanted to give everyone an update a thank a member here who contacted me.  He offered to sell me a new old stock spindle and spindle nut to get my machine back up and running.

I removed the spindle earlier in the week and threw it on some v-blocks.  The spindle is definitely bent.  Out of the headstock the spindle was showing a consistent .0015", same as what was measured when it was in.  Behind the front bearing the reading was basically .0000" so the bend is right in front of the bearing.  The bearings and castings all look good.

Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback!